The Fibaro Universal Dimmer gives you simple control of your lighting, along with SmartThings. This Z-Wave dimmer has power metering capability and is compatible with 2-wire and 3-wire electrical systems. Turn your lights off when you leave or turn your lights on at random intervals when you’re on vacation!
Note: The Fibaro Universal Dimmer is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Fibaro Universal Dimmer with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, quickly press switch no. 1 (turns the light on) or the B-button (located on the device’s housing) three times
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Fibaro Universal Dimmer
If the Fibaro Universal Dimmer was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, quickly press switch no. 1 (turns the light on) or the B-button (located on the device’s housing) three times
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Fibaro Universal Dimmer.
To remove the Fibaro Universal Dimmer from SmartThings
If the Fibaro Universal Dimmer is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub