Your Dashboard in the SmartThings app is a one-stop shop for accessing your Smart Home. On the Dashboard, you can see the current state of your devices, automate them, access your Locations, and even activate Scenes.
The Dashboard is customizable, allowing you to choose which Locations, devices and Scenes appear, and what order they appear in.
Create a device or Scene shortcut
On the Dashboard, you can create shortcuts for devices and Scenes from multiple Locations to easily view/trigger them when you first open the SmartThings app.
- From the Dashboard, tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Manage dashboard
- Toggle on the switch next to each device and Scene you'd like to create a shortcut for
- Tap the back button to return to the Dashboard
You can also create a Scene shortcut by editing the Scene and toggling Show on dashboard.
Create a Location shortcut
The Dashboard features a sliding carousel with quick-start links and can be used to easily switch between your Locations. You can create a shortcut for each of your Locations, which will include a Location summary and a customizable wallpaper colour to appear behind the summary.
- Tap on the Devices tab
- Tap on the Location drop-down menu at the top of the screen
- Select your Location
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Edit
- Toggle on Show location summary on dashboard
- Optional: Tap Show location summary on dashboard to customize the wallpaper colour