The Aeotec Minimote is a Z-Wave remote that allows you to control your SmartThings in multiple ways using configurable button presses. Control lights, locks, and even Routines directly from the Minimote. You have the option to tap or hold any of the four buttons, giving you eight total possible actions to perform. Keep one on your bedside or living room table for an easy way to trigger your lights and devices directly from the remote. Don't let its size fool you—it's tiny yet powerful!
To connect the Minimote to the SmartThings Hub
First, make sure your Minimote is fully charged.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the "Learn" (or “Join”) button on the Minimote
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
When the Minimote is connected, you can find it under the Things view in My Home.
To reset the Minimote
If the Minimote was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the "Learn" (or “Join”) button on the Minimote
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Minimote.
To remove the Minimote from SmartThings
If the Minimote is connected but not performing as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our products page here.