The Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor (Gen 5) is not just small and compact—it's practically invisible. This clever sensor installs within your door's frame, so you will see its effects but not the device itself.
Connect this Z-Wave sensor with SmartThings to effortlessly monitor every time a door opens or closes within your home. Combine the sensor with controllable outlets to turn on the lights when the door opens.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Aeotec and touch Open/closed sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button once
To reset the Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor
If the Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our products page here.