The Aeotec Smart Energy Switch allows you to easily turn on and turn off lamps and appliances from your smartphone, or you can automate their behavior based on customizable triggers. This switch also works as a repeater for other Z-Wave devices on your network.
Note: The Aeotec Smart Energy Switch is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch with the SmartThings Hub
First, plug the Smart Energy Switch into an outlet.
Then, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the button on the switch (see above)
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch
If the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the button on the switch (see above)
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch.
To remove the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch from SmartThings
If the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch is connected but not performing as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub