The FortrezZ Siren Strobe Alarm is a Z-Wave siren that can be triggered to sound an alarm and/or flash a strobe based on events (like a door opening) or detection of motion, smoke, or carbon monoxide—all using the power of SmartThings.
To connect the FortrezZ Siren in the SmartThings app
First, power the device.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select FortrezZ and touch Siren
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button two (2) times
To reset the FortrezZ Siren
If the FortrezZ Siren was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, press the button once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the FortrezZ Siren.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.