First, follow these instructions to connect your Hue bulbs with SmartThings.
If SmartThings has trouble discovering your Hue Bridge or bulbs, there are a few things you can try:
Refresh the Hue Bridge LAN connection
- Unplug the Hue Bridge’s Ethernet cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in
- Follow the steps linked above to connect your Hue bulb(s)
Power cycle the SmartThings Hub
- Reboot a Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub v2) by pressing the recessed red button on the back of the Hub once. Wait 5-10 minutes for the LED to turn solid green; this will indicate the Hub is back online
If you have the Samsung Connect Home or Hub v1, reboot the Hub by unplugging it from both Ethernet and power, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- After power cycling the Hub, follow the steps linked above to connect your Hue bulb(s)
Update the Hue Bridge firmware
The Hue Bridge must be updated to firmware version 01016441 or later to work with SmartThings.
- From the native Hue app, tap the "Settings" menu > Find Bridge > Search > Select your Hue Bridge and update the software, if available
- Alternatively: Close the Hue mobile app, unplug the Bridge for 10 seconds, plug it back in, and then restart the Hue app
Reset the router
Reset your router by power cycling it, and then try the connection steps once more.
Note: Resetting your router can disrupt communication between SmartThings and other smart devices on your local network (e.g., Sonos, WeMo). If you have any of these devices connected, resetting your router should only be considered as a last resort.