The Fibaro Door/Window Sensor comes in an assortment of colors to best match your interior design, allowing you to enjoy undisturbed aesthetics, security, comfort, and peace of mind. Paired with SmartThings, the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor can notify you when a door or window opens and closes. This is perfect for keeping an eye on your home when you're away. Or you can monitor medicine cabinets and other off-limits areas.
SmartThings supports both the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor Z-Wave and Z-Wave plus (or Fibaro 500 series) versions.
To connect the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor
- If the battery tab has already been removed, quickly press the button on the bottom of the sensor 3 times
To reset the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor
If the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, quickly press the button on the bottom of the sensor 3 times
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor.
To remove the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor from SmartThings
If the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
Note: The Fibaro Door/Window Sensor has built-in tamper detection. The enclosure for the sensor portion of the device MUST be in place (so the circuit board is not visible) in order for the Door/Window Sensor to be connected or reset.
|Fibaro Door Window Sensor Installation Guide.pdf||2 MB|