The Aeotec Siren (Gen5) is a Z-Wave device that—using the power of SmartThings—can be triggered to sound an alarm and flash its super-bright LEDs when a door opens, motion is detected, or some other event occurs. The Aeotec Siren plugs into your wall outlet.
Note: The Aeotec Siren flashes and strobes at the same time, but it can't perform these actions individually.
To connect the Aeotec Siren with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, plug in the Aeotec Siren and tap its button once
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
Watch this video demonstration to see how to connect the Aeotec Siren:
To reset the Aeotec Siren
If the Aeotec Siren was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, push the button on the Aeotec Siren once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Aeotec Siren.
To remove the Aeotec Siren from SmartThings
If the Aeotec Siren is connected but not performing as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub