The Aeotec Siren (Gen5) is a Z-Wave device that—using the power of SmartThings—can be triggered to sound an alarm and flash its super-bright LEDs when a door opens, motion is detected, or some other event occurs. The Aeotec Siren plugs into your wall outlet.
Note: The Aeotec Siren flashes and strobes at the same time, but it can't perform these actions individually.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Aeotec and touch Siren
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the "Action" button once
To reset the Aeotec Siren
If the Aeotec Siren was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the "Action" button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Aeotec Siren.