Stream music at the touch of a button with Bose® SoundTouch® speakers.
The following Bose® SoundTouch® speakers can be connected with SmartThings:
- Bose® SoundTouch® 10 wireless music system
- Bose® SoundTouch® 20 wireless music system (Series I, II & III)
- Bose® SoundTouch® 30 wireless music system (Series I, II & III)
- Bose® SoundTouch® Portable Wi-Fi® music system (Series I & II)
- Bose® Wave® SoundTouch® music system (Series I & IV)
- Bose® SoundTouch® Stereo JC Wi-Fi® music system (Series I & II)
- Bose® SoundTouch® SA-4 amplifier package
- Bose® SoundTouch® SA-5 amplifier package
- Bose® SoundTouch® 120, 130, 220, and 520 home theatre systems
- Bose® SoundTouch® 300 soundbar
- Bose® SoundTouch® wireless link adapter
- Bose® Cinemate® 120, 130, 220, and 520 home theatre systems, when used with the Bose® SoundTouch® wireless adapter
- Bose® Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 135, 235, 525, and 535 entertainment systems
- Bose® Lifestyle® 135, 235, 525, and 535 home entertainment systems (Series II & III), when used with the Bose® SoundTouch® wireless adapter
- Bose® Lifestyle® 650 home theater system
- And more...
Note: The Bose® SoundTouch® SmartThings integration works with any Bose® SoundTouch® capable sound system. Also, only the SoundTouch 10, 20, and 30 (Series III) support audio notifications.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.
How to connect a Bose® SoundTouch® system with the SmartThings Hub
First, set up your Bose audio system using the included product manuals.
Next, follow the steps below to connect the system to SmartThings:
- In the SmartThings mobile app, tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- Wait a moment for the Hub to automatically discover your device
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
How to use and configure Bose® SoundTouch® devices within SmartThings
Access your Bose® SoundTouch® devices from the Things view within the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device
How to remove Bose® SoundTouch® devices from SmartThings
If a Bose® SoundTouch® speaker is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Edit Device
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)