The Fibaro Smoke Sensor is a lightweight, battery-operated smoke detector. The optical sensor and built-in temperature sensor detect smoke at an early stage of fire, often before flames appear and temperature starts to rise significantly. The fire alarm is signaled by sound, visual indicator blinking, and alerts to your phone set up through SmartThings.
This Z-Wave smoke sensor is great for monitoring your home and keeping you and your family safe!
Note: The Fibaro Smoke Sensor is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
This device is certified for use in the United Kingdom only.
To connect the Fibaro Smoke Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, quickly press the B-button on the inside of the device 3 times
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Fibaro Smoke Sensor
If the Fibaro Smoke Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap your Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When you see the message "Please follow manufacturer's instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings," quickly press the B-button on the inside of the device 3 times
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Fibaro Smoke Sensor.
If you've tried those steps and still can't get the Fibaro Smoke Sensor connected, please contact our support team.
- Power: CR123A battery x 1 or Hardwired VDC
- Measured Temperature Range: -20 to 100°C
- Region: United Kingdom only
|Fibaro Smoke Sensor Operating Manual.pdf||2 MB|