Light up your smart home automatically or with the touch of a button using SYLVANIA Bulbs and SmartThings.
The following SYLVANIA Bulbs can be connected with SmartThings:
- SYLVANIA Smart Dimmable LED Light Bulb E27 RGBW
- SYLVANIA CLASSIC B Tunable White
- SYLVANIA E14 Tunable White
- SYLVANIA GU10 Tunable White
- SYLVANIA GU10 RGBW
- SYLVANIA Flex RGBW strips
To connect the SYLVANIA Bulb with the SmartThings Hub
Note: SYLVANIA Bulbs previously connected to the SYLVANIA Gateway must first be disconnected from the Gateway before they can connect with the SmartThings Hub.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, install the SYLVANIA bulb and turn it ON
- The light will blink to indicate it is ready to be paired
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the SYLVANIA Bulb
If the SYLVANIA Bulb is not discovered or is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the bulb and/or remove and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the bulb via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device you wish to remove
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the SYLVANIA Bulb, run five power cycles as detailed below (a power cycle is the act of turning something on and off).
Note: To turn the SYLVANIA Bulb on and off: Turn it on and off with the wall switch, OR unscrew it by hand.
- Turn ON the light for 5 seconds
- Turn OFF the light for 5 seconds
- Repeat this process 5 times (ON for 5 seconds + OFF for 5 seconds = 1 time)
- After the fifth time, switch the light ON and wait 10 seconds
- The light will then blink 3 times if successfully reset
- Repeat the process if the light doesn’t blink
Once the SYLVANIA Bulb is reset, repeat the first set of steps above to connect it with SmartThings.
Note: SYLVANIA bulbs have a known firmware issue that can occasionally cause them to fail as ZigBee repeaters. This can potentially cause other ZigBee devices to fail to update and/or respond. For more information on how to strengthen your ZigBee network, check out this guide.