The FIBARO CO Sensor is an ultra-light, compact, battery-powered carbon monoxide detector, designed to be placed on a wall. Its high sensitivity allows it to detect the presence of carbon monoxide (CO) gas at an early stage in order to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. The FIBARO CO Sensor also features a built-in siren, a temperature sensor, and a blinking LED indicator.
This Z-Wave CO sensor is great for monitoring your home and keeping you and your family safe!
To connect the FIBARO CO Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device
- Select Fibaro then touch Smoke detector
- Choose a Hub for the device and touch Next
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, quickly press the button on the device 3 times
To reset the FIBARO CO Sensor
If the FIBARO CO Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, quickly press the button on the device 3 times
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the FIBARO CO Sensor.
To factory reset the FIBARO CO Sensor
If the FIBARO CO Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset the device to factory default before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. Note: The factory reset does not exclude the device.
To factory reset:
- Press and hold the button on the device
- Release the button when the LED turns white
- When the LED turns yellow, press and release the button
- The LED will turn red when successfully reset
- Power: CR123A battery x 1
- Measured Temperature Range: 0 to 50°C
- Region: United Kingdom only