What is GDPR?
GDPR is the EU General Data Protection Regulation that went into effect 25 May, 2018, to ensure data protection and privacy.
What does this mean for me?
In partnership with Samsung, we are making your personal data easily available to you as provisioned by GDPR. You can submit GDPR access and delete requests via the methods below.
New SmartThings app
Please use the new SmartThings app to submit your request.
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Settings
- Tap Personal Data
- Tap Download to submit your request
*If you have previously contacted SmartThings support in the US or UK, please follow the below steps for the SmartThings Classic app to submit a request.
SmartThings Classic app
- Submit a request using this form. Ensure you use the email associated with your SmartThings or Samsung Accounts.
- SmartThings will validate your request and verify your identity by sending an email to you.
- SmartThings will begin processing the GDPR request on successful request validation and identity verification. Your request will be fulfilled within 30 days from here.
- If you requested a copy of your personal data, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary of your personal data.
- If you requested SmartThings to delete your data, you will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com with a verification number for future reference.