The Sprue FireAngel 10yr Thermistek Heat Alarm (HT-630) provides quick detection of rapid temperature increases. Its reaction to heat rather than smoke makes it ideal for installing in kitchen areas and garages in order to avoid false alarms caused by cooking and vehicle fumes.
Note: To connect with your SmartThings Hub, a Z-Wave module is required.
To connect the FireAngel Heat Alarm in the SmartThings app
After installing the Heat Alarm and connecting the Z-Wave module, follow the steps below to add the Heat Alarm to SmartThings in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device
- Select Smoke detector and touch FireAngel
- Choose a Hub for the device and touch Next
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the Add button three (3) times
To exclude the FireAngel Heat Alarm
If the FireAngel Heat Alarm was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave Utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, press the Add button three (3) times
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the device.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.