Scenes let you easily control different actions for multiple devices by tapping one button. Manually trigger Scenes with the tap of a finger or trigger your Scene automatically with an Automation.
You can control Scenes via Automations, directly from the Home Screen, or in the Scenes view from the Menu (☰).
Add your Scenes
Newly created Scenes will automatically be added to the Home Screen and Scenes view.
To add new Scenes, follow these steps:
- From the Home Screen, tap Add (+) and select Scene
- Enter a name for your Scene. Optional: Select the Sun icon to change the Scene’s icon
- Tap Add (+) to add actions
- Select Control Devices to choose a device and action and tap Save
- Select Change this location's mode to choose a mode and tap Save
Edit your Scenes
You can edit the name, icon, or function of a Scene at any time to continue using it directly, in Automations, or via voice assistants.
To edit a scene, follow these steps:
- Select Menu (☰) and tap Scenes
- Choose the Scene you would like to edit
- Tap Minus (-) to remove an action or Add (+) to add actions
- Select Save
Remove your Scenes
If a Scene is not working as expected or is no longer needed, you may need to remove it from SmartThings.
To remove Scenes, follow these steps:
- From the Home Screen, select Menu (☰) and tap Scenes
- Select More Options (⋮) and tap Delete
- Select the desired Scene(s) and choose Delete
- Tap Delete to confirm