The Fibaro Universal Dimmer gives you simple control of your lighting, along with SmartThings. This Z-Wave dimmer has power metering capability and is compatible with 2-wire and 3-wire electrical systems. Turn your lights off when you leave or turn your lights on at random intervals when you’re on vacation!
To connect the Fibaro Universal Dimmer with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Fibaro and touch Switch/dimmer
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the S1 Switch three (3) times
To reset the Fibaro Universal Dimmer
If the Fibaro Universal Dimmer was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the S1 switch three (3) times
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Fibaro Universal Dimmer.