- I’m new to SmartThings and smart homes. What should I buy?!
- What products sold in the Shop are considered SmartThings products?
- Does the Shop sell products on the Works with SmartThings list?
- Where can I buy other Works with SmartThings products not sold on the SmartThings Shop?
- Is there a discount for purchasing multiple quantities of a product?
- Why should I buy from the SmartThings Shop?
- How can I submit a suggestion?
- What does it mean when an item is marked as "backordered"?
- What’s the difference between "backordered" and "out of stock"?
- How do I know when an item will be back in stock?
- How can I find out about the latest deals in the SmartThings Shop?
- When do promotions expire?
- Can I apply more than one promo code?
- Why isn’t my promo code working?
- Where do you ship to?
- How much does it cost to ship within the United States?
- How long will it take to receive my order if I choose the US free shipping option?
- How can I get my order sooner?
- What are the costs associated with shipping to Canada?
- How long will it take to ship my order to Canada?
- What currency is reflected in the SmartThings Shop?
- What payment options are accepted in the SmartThings Shop?
- What is Affirm?
- How do I pay for my purchase with Affirm?
- Why do I see limited payment options via Affirm?
I’m new to SmartThings and smart homes. What should I buy?!
If you’re just looking to get started, the Home Monitoring Kit is a great choice. It’s a great value at $249 and includes:
- 1 Samsung SmartThings Hub
- 1 Samsung SmartThings Outlet
- 2 Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensors
- 1 Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
We also offer Starter Bundles geared to specific interests to help you start personalizing your smart home right from the start. And our bundles are extra affordable because they have built-in savings! A handful of the more popular bundles are always available. We also occasionally offer special bundles in collaboration with our closest partners that make third-party products certified to be compatible with SmartThings.
What products sold in the Shop are considered SmartThings products?
If a product name begins with "Samsung SmartThings" or just "SmartThings," these are SmartThings products. We offer these products as an easy way for our customers to get started on creating their own smart home.
Our products include:
- Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit
- Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Arrival Sensor
- Samsung SmartThings Outlet
Does the Shop sell products on the Works with SmartThings list?
Yes! All products we sell in our Shop have been diligently tested by the SmartThings team and verified to work with SmartThings and are therefore included on the Works with SmartThings list.
We do not sell all Works with SmartThings products in our Shop–just a select handful. You can find all of the ones we currently offer on the "Things" page. Be sure to keep checking back, as we continue to grow our selection of favorites!
Where can I buy other Works with SmartThings products not sold on the SmartThings Shop?
Other retailers that sell SmartThings and Works with SmartThings products include: Amazon.com, Best Buy (in stores and online), and The Home Depot (in stores and online). You can find the full list on our Where to Buy page.
SmartThings works with a wide range of connected devices. And we’re constantly adding more to our offering. In addition to SmartThings' own family of sensors, you can also control hundreds of connected devices from other brands through the SmartThings open platform. Visit our Works with SmartThings page to check out the available variety!
Is there a discount for purchasing multiple quantities of a product?
It depends! The answer is "yes" for SmartThings Sensors and the SmartThings Outlet. We offer multi-packs for those products with built-in discounts. Just select the dropdown where it says "Choose Packs" under "Quantity." We are also working with our partners to expand our offering of multiple-unit packs of third-party products. Not all of our third-party products have pack options.
Why should I buy from the SmartThings Shop?
- When you purchase products from our Shop, you can be assured that the products will work well with your SmartThings setup at home.
- If you’re new to our Shop, you can save 10% on your entire first purchase (note: promo cannot be applied on top of other discounts).
- We offer multiple-unit packs of our first-party SmartThings-branded products every day, and at a great price that allows you to save more the more you buy.
- We also collaborate with our partners to get you great prices on multiple-unit packs of select compatible third-party devices!
- Together with our closest partners, we’ll promote unique product bundles at special prices in our Shop that you won’t find anywhere else online or in stores.
- Our Shop Ambassadors are just the friendliest, most knowledgeable people we know! And they live for making your SmartThings experience a great one. Shop customers receive special SmartThings care and support even long after the purchase. We’re in it for the long-haul with you.
How can I submit a suggestion?
You can reach out to our Shop Ambassadors at email@example.com to leave us a suggestion related to the SmartThings Shop! We’re always open to helpful comments and creative suggestions from our customers. We’re in this together.
What does it mean when an item is marked as "backordered"?
When an item is backordered, that means it is temporarily out of stock but more inventory is already on its way. Here’s what you need to know about how backorders work on our Shop:
- You can still complete your checkout with backordered items in your cart.
- We will still send you an order confirmation email for completing your order with us, and backordered items are marked for easy reference.
- You will not be charged until we ship out your order.
- When backordered items become available, we will ship out your entire order. We do not ship out partial orders.
- As with in-stock orders, we’ll send you a shipping notification email with tracking information when your items are on their way to you.
What’s the difference between "backordered" and "out of stock"?
Items that are labeled as "out of stock" are not available for purchase because no additional inventory is on its way to our Shop, and we do not yet know when more will be arriving. Items labeled "backordered" are still available for purchase, but you should expect a delay as we do not ship out orders until all items become available to ship.
How do I know when an item will be back in stock?
For backordered items, we typically include a note about the expected ship date on the product page near the price. Please note that the expected ship date is an estimate–many outside factors can affect shipping times. As for out of stock items: When we are able, we will include a note about estimated availability on the product page.
How can I find out about the latest deals in the SmartThings Shop?
You can sign up for our email list at the bottom of smartthings.com to hear about the current and coming promotions in our shop and from our Works with SmartThings partners. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. If you’re specifically looking for sale offers in our Shop, check out our Sale section that appears in the top navigation when an offer is live. We also typically promote Shop deals in a can’t-miss banner across the Shop site. So, check us out often!
When do promotions expire?
The date will vary depending on the promotion. But as a general rule of thumb, unless otherwise stated, Shop promotions expire at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the date listed in the Shop site’s sale banner, social post, or in the promotional email.
Can I apply more than one promo code?
It depends! Only one promo code may be applied to a product at a time.
Some promo codes we offer automatically apply discounts to eligible items in your cart.
Additionally, you may enter a valid promo code into the designated field on the cart page under Order Summary. Once the promo code is applied, you will see the calculated discount appear for each eligible product.
Please note: We do not honor the stacking of promo codes. However, if you have a promo code that applies to one set of products, and a second promo code that applies to a different set of products, you may benefit from using both promo codes on the same order. And, no matter what promo codes are applied to the cart, the Shop will always give you the highest overall discount!
Why isn’t my promo code working?
If you enter a promo code to apply to your order and no discount is taken, an explanation should appear below the promo code field. Also consider these helpful tips:
- Check the expiration date—it might have already expired.
- Make sure you have eligible products in the cart.
- Check to see if the promo code was already applied to eligible items in your cart.
- Do nothing! It could be that you already had a better promo code previously applied to your order. We want you to get the best deal.
If you have additional questions about your specific promo code, please do reach out to our helpful Shop Ambassadors for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do you ship to?
Today: US and Canada. We do not ship internationally. Learn more about our shipping policies.
How much does it cost to ship within the United States?
We are happy to offer free ground shipping for orders over $25 (after discounts and before taxes) to customers shipping their orders within the continental United States. For orders under $25, we can ship your order at a flat rate of $7.
If you would like to receive your products sooner, we also offer the option to upgrade your shipping to Expedited Shipping. We will not cover the cost to expedite and the cost to expedite will vary depending on your order size and the shipping address, but we will provide you with the lowest calculated rate returned to us from FedEx and UPS. The lowest expedited shipping rate across carriers is what will be included in your order total.
Learn more about our shipping policies.
How long will it take to receive my order if I choose the US free shipping option?
We offer FREE shipping via standard ground on all US orders over $25, or $7 flat rate ground shipping on orders under $25. We also offer expedited shipping for an additional cost (calculated based on order size and shipping address) if your order ships within the US. Please note: If expedited shipping is chosen, standard processing time still applies—orders placed late on Thursday may not ship until after the weekend.
We ship US orders via USPS, UPS, and FedEx. In-stock inventory will ship the next business day (with few exceptions). Transit time of standard ground shipping is typically 1-6 business days. Transit time of expedited shipping is typically 1-2 business days.
Learn more about our shipping policies.
How can I get my order sooner?
You may choose to upgrade your shipping option to "Expedited Shipping" during checkout. By default, "Standard Ground" is selected for orders shipping within the US, and "$15.00 - Flat rate (Canada)" is selected for orders to Canada, as there is no expedited shipping option for orders shipping to Canada. Learn more about our shipping policies.
Ordering from Canada
What are the costs associated with shipping to Canada?
We offer a $15 USD flat rate for ground shipping to Canada. Additional customs, taxes, and tariffs must be covered by you, the customer. Please consider all international fees when placing your order (we won't be able to refund you if you change your mind). Learn more about our shipping policies.
How long will it take to ship my order to Canada?
We ship in-stock items the next business day from the US via USPS First Class International Mail. Customs delays are common when shipping to Canada and can vary widely from customer to customer, so please do keep this in mind when you place your order. We do not offer expedited shipping for Canadian orders. Learn more about our shipping policies.
Can I return my SmartThings?
Yes. Though, if there’s something we can help you figure out, we’d love to give it a try! Either way, please reach out to our Shop Ambassadors at email@example.com.
How long do I have to return my purchase?
You may return any products ordered from SmartThings within 30 days from the date of purchase. Read more about our shipping policies.
Can I return part of a Kit?
No, we require that you return the entire Kit for a refund. We cannot accept partial returns.
What currency is reflected in the SmartThings Shop?
All prices are written in United States dollars (USD).
What payment options are accepted in the SmartThings Shop?
We accept all major credit cards including: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. In addition, we also partnered up with a company called Affirm to offer you the option to pay for your purchase over time.
What is Affirm?
Affirm is a company that allows you to make easy monthly payments for your smart home products, so you pay for your purchase over time.
How do I pay for my purchase with Affirm?
Checking out with Affirm is quick and easy. All you have to do is enter a few pieces of information for a real-time decision. Checking your eligibility won't affect your credit score and with Affirm, there are no hidden fees. You are told upfront exactly what you'll owe, with no hidden costs and no surprises. Once you complete your payment on the Affirm website, you’ll be redirected back to the SmartThings Shop to confirm and submit your order.
Please note: Completing checkout with Affirm is subject to credit check and approval. A down payment may be required. For purchases under $100, limited payment options are available. Estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping fees. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey-chartered bank, Muber FDIC. See Affirm FAQs for details.
Why do I see limited payment options via Affirm?
You won’t see the full set of options to pay over 3, 6, or 12 months unless your purchase total is $100 or more. For purchases between $50.00–$99.99, you can pay over 3 or 6 months. For purchases under $50, you will be offered a 30-day payment option.