The Iris Smart Button (3460-L) can trigger various actions in SmartThings–lights, thermostats, locks, and more! In the SmartThings app, you can set the button to do whatever suits your needs.
Note: The Iris Smart Button is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Iris Smart Button in the SmartThings Classic app
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say, Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab labeled “Remove to Pair”
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap OK to confirm
To reset the Iris Smart Button
If the Iris Smart Button is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Remove the battery
- While holding down the button, reinsert the battery and continue to hold for two seconds, then release the button
Once reset, the Iris Smart Button is ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Iris Smart Fob. When the Hub is searching, the device should be automatically discovered within a couple of minutes.