Control and automate your SmartThings devices with the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch (73743) and SmartThings. NOTE: This device will not act as a dimmer. Use both push pads as two programmable buttons to trigger various actions throughout your SmartThings home. Set one push pad to turn your lights on to 80% and set the other to turn your lights on only to 10% for when you get up for water at night.
To connect the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch with the SmartThings Hub
Note: SYLVANIA Dimming Switches previously connected to the SYLVANIA Gateway must first be disconnected from the Gateway before they can connect with the SmartThings Hub.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device
- Select SYLVANIA and touch Remote/button
- Choose a Hub for the device and touch Next
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab
To reset the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch
If the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch is not discovered or is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the Dimming Switch and/or remove and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To physically reset the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch:
- Hold the top and bottom button for 3 seconds
Once the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch is reset, repeat the first set of steps above to connect it with SmartThings.