Control and automate your SmartThings devices with the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch (73743) and SmartThings. Use both push pads as two programmable buttons to trigger various actions throughout your SmartThings home. Set one push pad to turn your lights on to 80% and set the other to turn your lights on only to 10% for when you get up for water at night.
To connect the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch with the SmartThings Hub
Note: SYLVANIA Dimming Switches previously connected to the SYLVANIA Gateway must first be disconnected from the Gateway before they can connect with the SmartThings Hub.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, remove the battery tab
- If the battery tab has already been removed, press and hold both the top and bottom button for 3 seconds
To reset the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch
If the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch is not discovered or is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the Dimming Switch and/or remove and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the Dimming Switch via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device you wish to remove
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch:
- Press and hold both the top and bottom button for 3 seconds
Once the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch is reset, repeat the first set of steps above to connect it with SmartThings.