Control and automate your SmartThings devices with the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch (73743) and SmartThings. NOTE: This device will not act as a dimmer. Use both push pads as two programmable buttons to trigger various actions throughout your SmartThings home. Set one push pad to turn your lights on to 80% and set the other to turn your lights on only to 10% for when you get up for water at night.
To connect the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch with the SmartThings Hub
Note: SYLVANIA Dimming Switches previously connected to the SYLVANIA Gateway must first be disconnected from the Gateway before they can connect with the SmartThings Hub.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, remove the battery tab
- If the battery tab has already been removed, press and hold both the top and bottom button for 3 seconds
To reset the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch
If the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch is not discovered or is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the Dimming Switch and/or remove and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the Dimming Switch via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device you wish to remove
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch:
- Press and hold both the top and bottom button for 3 seconds
Once the SYLVANIA Dimming Switch is reset, repeat the first set of steps above to connect it with SmartThings.