The Sengled Element Classic (E11-G13) and Sengled Element Plus (Z01-A19NAE26) are ZigBee bulbs you can use with SmartThings and other connected devices to automate your lighting on a schedule, or turn the bulb on and off in response to activity around the house.
Find instructions for how to connect the Sengled Element Touch (Z01-CIA19NAE26) here.
How to connect the Sengled Element Bulb with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, turn the bulb ON
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
How to reset the Sengled Element Bulb
To re-initiate pairing mode, reset the bulb.
Or, if the bulb is connected with SmartThings but is not performing as expected, remove the device via the SmartThings app, reset the device, and then reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device you wish to remove
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Beginning with the bulb ON, quickly turn the bulb OFF and ON 10 times in quick succession (using a light switch or power strip works best)
- The bulb will blink 5 times when it has successfully reset
Check out the video here for a demonstration of the reset process.
Once reset, the bulb is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the bulb and the Hub should automatically discover the bulb within a few minutes.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our products page here.