The Sengled Element Classic and Sengled Element Plus are ZigBee bulbs you can use with SmartThings and other connected devices to automate your lighting on a schedule, or turn the bulb on and off in response to activity around the house.
How to connect the Sengled Element bulb in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Sengled and touch Light bulb
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, install the light and power it on
How to reset the Sengled Element Bulb
If the Sengled Element Bulb was not discovered, you may need to reset it before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To physically reset the device:
- Turn the light off and on ten (10) times (using a light switch or power strip works best)
- The bulb will blink 5 times when it has successfully reset
Check out the video here for a demonstration of the reset process. Once reset, the bulb is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the instructions above to connect the bulb and the Hub should automatically discover the bulb within a few minutes.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our products page here.