The GE Smart Motion Sensor (34193) is a Z-Wave motion sensor perfect for keeping an eye on your home. Connect it to SmartThings to monitor the comings and goings in your home and trigger lights, sirens, and more!
Connect the GE Motion Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
During initial connection with the SmartThings Hub, the GE Motion Sensor should be within 15 feet of the Hub. After successful connection, the GE Motion Sensor can then be moved to the desired location.
Next, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the button on the device once
- The blue LED will activate for 3 seconds to confirm when it connects
Reset/exclude the GE Motion Sensor
If the GE Motion Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- Press the button on the device once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the GE Motion Sensor.
Remove the GE Motion Sensor from SmartThings
If the GE Motion Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub