The GE Smart Motion Sensor is a Z-Wave motion sensor perfect for keeping an eye on your home. Connect it to SmartThings to monitor the comings and goings in your home and trigger lights, sirens, and more!
Connect the GE Motion Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
During the initial connection with the SmartThings Hub, the GE Motion Sensor should be within 15 feet of the Hub. After a successful connection, the GE Motion Sensor can then be moved to the desired location.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select GE and touch Motion sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button once
Reset/exclude the GE Motion Sensor
If the GE Motion Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the button once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the GE Motion Sensor.