The Eaton Halo LED Downlight is a dimmable ZigBee wirelessly controlled retrofit downlight fixture. With the Eaton Halo Downlight and SmartThings, you can automate your light to dim or change color temperature at sunrise or sunset or even when other events happen in your home.
When receiving power, this device will act as a signal repeater to extend the range of your ZigBee mesh network.
To connect the Eaton Halo LED Downlight in the SmartThings app
First, install the Eaton Halo LED Downlight in a lamp or light fixture. The switch to the lamp or fixture should remain OFF at this time.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Eaton and touch Lighting
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, turn ON the downlight with the wall switch
- The downlight will flash twice to indicate it’s in pairing mode and then once again when successfully paired
To reset the Eaton Halo LED Downlight
If the Eaton Halo Downlight was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub.
- Using the wall switch, switch the downlight ON and OFF 6 times within 2 seconds
- The downlight will flash twice after a successful reset and ready to pair
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your device