The Centralite Smart Outlet lets you control, automate, and monitor lamps, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere—it’s not laziness, it’s the future! All you have to do is plug the device into the Outlet. Trigger lamps to automatically turn on when you come home, turn off an accidentally left-on coffee pot from your smartphone, and transform any three-prong outlet into a smart, controllable device.
When plugged in, this ZigBee outlet also acts as a ZigBee repeater, extending the range of ZigBee devices on your network. There's no wiring or complicated setup needed.
To connect the Centralite Smart Outlet to the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device
- Select Centralite and touch Outlet
- Choose a Hub for the device and touch Next
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, plug in the device
How to reset the Centralite Smart Outlet
If the Centralite Smart Outlet didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Unplug the outlet from the wall socket
- Hold the connect button
- Plug in the outlet while holding the connect button
- Release the button when the LED turns on
NOTE: Repeat these steps if the LED does not start blinking blue