The EZMultiPli Sensor by Express Controls packs a powerful punch–it’s a motion sensor, light sensor, and temperature sensor in one. This device also acts as a repeater and can extend the range of your Z-Wave network. Connect it to your SmartThings Hub and use it to monitor and trigger various actions throughout your home.
Note: The EZMultiPli Sensor (HSM200) by HomeSeer is equivalent to the EZMultiPli Sensor by Express Controls.
The EZMultiPli Sensor is not an officially supported Works with SmartThings device. You can connect it to your SmartThings Classic setup, but performance may vary and we will not be able to provide support or assistance.
To connect the EZMultiPli Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, plug in the device
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the EZMultiPli Sensor
If the EZMultiPli Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the button on the side
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the EZMultiPli Sensor.
To remove the EZMultiPli Sensor from SmartThings
If the EZMultiPli Sensor is connected but not performing as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub