Rebooting the Wi-Fi Hub is a good solution to the following issues:
- Wi-Fi Hub is unresponsive after a power outage
- Wi-Fi Hub is reporting disconnected or offline
- Smart devices are not responding
- ZigBee mesh network needs repair
- General performance issues
To reboot the Samsung Connect Home
Follow these steps to hard reboot both the Wi-Fi Hub and built-in SmartThings Hub:
- Unplug the power cord and Ethernet cable for 30 seconds
- Plug the Ethernet cable back in first, followed by the power cord
Alternatively, you can also reboot both the Wi-Fi Hub and the SmartThings Hub together from the SmartThings app, but the Wi-Fi Hub must be online. An offline Wi-Fi Hub must be physically rebooted.
In the SmartThings app:
- To view the Hub's Location, select Menu () and touch the dropdown arrow to select the Location name.
- Select Menu () and then touch Devices.
- Select the Wi-Fi Hub device.
- Touch the Wi-Fi Hub image
- Touch Reboot device
- Touch Reboot to confirm
Want to completely start from scratch and factory reset your Wi-Fi Hub? See this page to learn how.