Rebooting the Wi-Fi Hub is a good solution to the following issues:
- Wi-Fi Hub is unresponsive after a power outage
- Wi-Fi Hub is reporting disconnected or offline
- Smart devices are not responding
- ZigBee mesh network needs repair
- General performance issues
To reboot the Samsung Connect Home
Follow these steps to hard reboot both the Wi-Fi Hub and built-in SmartThings Hub:
- Unplug the power cord and Ethernet cable for 30 seconds
- Plug the Ethernet cable back in first, followed by the power cord
Alternatively, you can also reboot both the Wi-Fi Hub and the SmartThings Hub together from the SmartThings app, but the Wi-Fi Hub must be online. An offline Wi-Fi Hub must be physically rebooted.
In the SmartThings app:
- Tap Devices
- Tap the Wi-Fi Hub
- Tap the Wi-Fi Hub image
- Tap Reboot device
- Tap Reboot to confirm
To reboot the SmartThings Hub remotely
You can reboot the SmartThings Hub remotely with the following steps, but this will not reboot your Wi-Fi Hub or Wi-Fi mesh network.
- In your browser, log in to graph.api.smartthings.com with your Samsung account
- Click My Hubs
- Scroll down to Utilities and click View Utilities
- Under Hub Commands, click Reboot Hub
Want to completely start from scratch and factory reset your Wi-Fi Hub? See this page to learn how.