Read below for details about the Samsung Connect Home status light and LED behavior you may see during setup or everyday operations.
What it means: The Samsung Connect Home is powered on and connected.
What to do: Nothing! Solid green is completely normal and indicates that things are working as expected.
What it means: The Samsung Connect Home system is booting up. This can normally happen after a reboot or power cycle, or any kind of lost connection.
What to do: Wait for the system to finish booting up. This should only take a few moments. If the LED has been blinking green for more than 5 minutes, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds and plug it back in to perform a fresh reboot.
Blinking red and green
What it means: The blinking red and green LED can mean a number of things:
- During initial setup, the Samsung Connect Home flashes red and green when it is ready to connect with the Samsung Connect app
- During regular use, the flashing red and green LED means the built-in SmartThings Hub is looking for devices (ZigBee, Z-Wave, and certain LAN devices)
- The LED will also flash red and green when the built-in SmartThings Hub is in Z-Wave exclusion mode, looking for Z-Wave devices to exclude
What to do: This depends on your current scenario:
- If you are setting up your Samsung Connect Home for the first time, proceed with the steps to add your Samsung Connect Home
- If you are connecting a device with the built-in SmartThings Hub, confirm your smart device is in pairing/inclusion mode or broadcasting on the same network (refer to the manufacturer's instructions for connection steps)
- If you are excluding a Z-Wave device, perform the exclusion procedure on the smart device (refer to the manufacturer's instructions for exclusion steps)
What it means: There is a function error, the network is not available, or the system has overheated.
What to do: First, reboot the Samsung Connect Home by unplugging the power cable for 30 seconds. Wait a moment for the system to boot up and the LED should return to a solid green. If the LED is still red, confirm your modem has network connectivity. If your modem may be having connectivity issues, reboot the modem or contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
If the Samsung Connect Home is warm to the touch, unplug the power cord for 30 minutes and allow for the system to cool down before plugging it back in. To prevent overheating, make sure your Connect Home is placed in the open, away from sources of heat, and without any objects blocking the fan vents on the device.