Have you ever been home alone and gotten that eerie feeling someone is lurking outside your window? Well, with your ADT Security Hub, you can stop threats in their tracks by connecting smart detectors, sensors, and cameras for 24/7 monitoring of your home. Welcome to total peace of mind, at your fingertips.
Set Up ADT Security Hub
Think of your ADT Security Hub like the brain of your entire home security system. Let’s get set up so it can start guarding your castle.
Locate an area of your home with good Wi-Fi and cellular coverage to place the ADT Security Hub.
- Avoid placing the ADT Security Hub in direct sunlight and heat sources, near doors or windows where it can be easily viewed, or in places that can be reached by small children.
- Install the mounting plate by gently tightening the screws that hold it in place.
- Attach the desk mount to the mounting plate. The desk mount can be installed in either direction allowing the unit to lean back further for easy viewing.
- You can also mount the ADT Security Hub flat on a wall using two screws in the slots at the top of the panel. The screws are not provided with the unit.
WARNING! Do not insert sharp objects into any holes on the back of the panel. Doing so could severely damage the backup battery.
- Connect the power receptacle to the power connector.
- Ensure the wall outlet is not controlled by a switch that could accidentally cut the power.
- For compliance with ANSI/NFPA 70 National Electric Code to keep the plug secure, install the power plug retaining bracket.
- Use the pre-applied adhesive tape to attach the retaining bracket to the wall outlet and then secure the bracket to the wall using the fastening screw.
- Spread the edges of the bracket apart and insert the power plug into the wall outlet. Thread the zip ties through the slots and fasten them to secure the power plug.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the ADT Security Hub to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Download the SmartThings app for Android and iOS create an account for your home, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete setup.
If you have any difficulties setting up your ADT Security Hub, please contact SmartThings Support.