To completely reset your ADT Security Hub and SmartThings configuration to initial factory settings, you must complete the following steps using the instructions below:
- Cancel ADT Professional Monitoring Service;
- Delete the ADT Security Hub from SmartThings; and
- Disconnect and reconnect the battery.
If you are enrolled in an ADT Professional Monitoring Service, you must cancel or update your subscription before resetting your ADT Security Hub. If you cancel your ADT Professional Monitoring Service in the middle of a pay period, you will forfeit the remainder of the subscription.
All device connections, Automations, rules, configurations, and SmartApps associated with the ADT Security Hub will be erased during the reset. All devices connected to your ADT Security Hub must be reset or excluded before they can be reconnected. The steps for resetting and reconnecting each device connected to your ADT Security Hub differ; visit this page for more instructions.
1. Cancel ADT Professional Monitoring Service
From the SmartThings app
- From the Home screen, touch Home Security
- Touch Manage Account under Professional Monitoring Service
- Log in to your ADT account
If you'd like to temporarily cancel your Professional Monitoring Service:
- Touch the menu (three horizontal lines)
- Touch Billing
- Touch the gear icon
- Touch Cancel Plan
- Confirm cancellation
If you are moving to a new location or would like to permanently delete your ADT Location:
- Touch on the name of your Location
- Touch Details
- Touch Delete Location
- Confirm deletion (IMPORTANT: deleting an ADT Location cannot be undone)
2. Delete the ADT Security Hub from SmartThings
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch more options ()
- Touch Edit
- Touch on the red minus icon next to the ADT Security Hub
- Confirm deletion by touching Delete (IMPORTANT: Deleting a Hub cannot be undone)
3. Reset the ADT Security Hub to initial factory settings
Factory resetting the ADT Security Hub requires removing the backplate and completing the steps below. There is no reset button on the back of the panel.
WARNING! Do not insert sharp objects into any holes on the back of the panel. Doing so could severely damage to the backup battery.
- Unplug the A/C adaptor from the wall and the back of the panel.
- If the ADT Security Hub is wall mounted, remove it from the wall. If using the desk stand, remove the stand by carefully sliding out the tabs at the top and bottom.
- Unscrew the single screw at the bottom of the panel that is holding the backplate in place. The screw cannot be removed from the plastic casing. Do not attempt to force it loose.
- Carefully remove the backplate by sliding out the tabs at the top and bottom.
- Unplug the backup battery. Locate the three wires (red, black, and white) that lead from the battery to the white wire harness that connects to the green motherboard. Carefully unplug the white wire harness. Do not physically remove the wires from the harness.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and reconnect the backup battery. Plug the white wire harness back into the plug on the green motherboard.
- Slide the black tube between the battery and the plug to secure the wires. Ensure the black tube is not on top of the backup battery.
- Do not force the backplate closed without fitting the black tube in place. Failure to do so may result in a tamper alert or cause severe damage to the backup battery.
- Reconnect the A/C adaptor.
- Once the Home and Emergency buttons start flashing, press and hold until both buttons stop flashing and the screen lights up.
- Carefully replace the backplate and screw.
- Replace desktop stand or re-mount on wall.
Your ADT Security Hub will now reboot and restore to factory settings. The ADT Security Hub will display the Welcome message once the reset has succeeded and will be ready to be activated again. You will need to re-establish the ADT Security Monitoring Service. If you have any difficulties resetting your ADT Security Hub, please contact SmartThings Support.