The Schlage Door/Window Sensor (RS100HC) notifies you when doors or windows in your home have been opened or closed. Add this Z-Wave sensor to your SmartThings Hub and receive alerts about window and door activity on your smartphone—perfect for home security and peace of mind.
The sensor can be installed using screws or double-sided adhesive tape, and it works whether you have a left-hand or right-hand door. Consult the video and installation instructions below to determine what is right for your house, apartment, or office.
Meet The Schlage Nexia Home Door and Window Sensor
To connect the Schlage Door/Window Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, remove the Sensor’s plastic pull tab to activate battery power, and the device's LED will blink
- If the plastic tab is already removed, then remove the battery for 10 seconds and replace the battery
To reset the Schlage Door/Window Sensor
If the Schlage Door/Window Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, remove the battery for 10 seconds and replace the battery
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Schlage Door/Window Sensor.
To remove the Schlage Door/Window Sensor from SmartThings
If the Schlage Door/Window Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 1.75" x 1.1"
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Model Number: RS100HC
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave