The Schlage Motion Sensor is designed to detect activity within your home. Combined with the SmartThings platform, this motion sensor can send notifications to your smartphone or trigger different events around your house based on motion.
Turn on the lights in the kitchen when you step inside. Or be notified when somebody is in your house while you're away on vacation. The Schlage Motion Sensor is a great selection for both home security and convenience.
To connect the Schlage Motion Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, use a pin or paper clip to press the program button on the back of the device case
- When the device is discovered, its LED will turn off and the device will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Schlage Motion Sensor
If the Schlage Motion Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- Use a pin or paper clip to press the program button on the back of the device case
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Schlage Motion Sensor.
To remove the Schlage Motion Sensor from SmartThings
If the Schlage Motion Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 2.5" x 2"
- Weight: 3.5 ounces
- Model Number: RS200HC
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave