Danalock Circle (BTZU100) is a Z-Wave lock that can be combined with SmartThings to lock and unlock your door remotely, and automatically, when people come and go from your home. The Danalock Circle installs directly over your existing deadbolt with everyday tools.
Hands full of groceries? The Danalock can be programmed to unlock automatically as you come within proximity of your home!
Note: The Danalock is not an officially supported Works with SmartThings device. You can connect it to your SmartThings Classic setup, but performance may vary and we will not be able to provide support or assistance. The Danalock cannot be controlled by Smart Locks in the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Danalock Circle with SmartThings
1. Connect the lock with the SmartThings Hub via the SmartThings Classic app
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press and hold the “touch button” in the middle of the lock’s faceplate until you hear 2 beeps
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
2. Configure the lock via the Danalock app
Note: The Danalock Circle’s locked/unlocked status in the SmartThings Classic app will NOT be updated if the lock is operated manually by hand or by key. If you wish to keep the status updated correctly, it is recommended that you operate the lock via the SmartThings app, the Danalock app, or the lock’s touch button.
To reset the Danalock Circle
If the Danalock Circle was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press and hold the lock’s “touch button” until you hear 2 beeps
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Danalock Circle.
To remove the Danalock Circle from SmartThings
If the Danalock Circle is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave and BLE