If you're concerned about security, you might be interested in a sensor that will let you monitor entry points to your home. Or, you might be looking for convenient ways to automate your lights and appliances based on behavior in your home.
The Ecolink Door/Window Sensor allows you to do these things and more by keeping track of the open/closed status of doors and windows throughout your home. Combined with SmartThings, this Z-Wave sensor can be used to turn your lights on or off, adjust your thermostat, send notifications, sound alarms, or do all sorts of other things when a door or window opens or closes.
To connect the Ecolink Door/Window Sensor in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Ecolink and touch Open/closed
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from the device
To reset the Ecolink Door/Window Sensor
If the Ecolink Door/Window Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Remove and reinsert the battery
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Ecolink Door/Window Sensor.