The Everspring PIR Motion Detector is a SmartThings-compatible Z-Wave sensor that can be used to monitor activity within (and without) your home.
Fit this in an indoor hallway or outdoor landing to detect movement and trigger a SmartThings-connected alarm when you are away from home. Perfect for scaring the pants off of would-be intruders (hopefully not literally). It can also serve as an energy saver, automatically turning on lights when it senses motion and turning them off after a period of time you set.
To connect the Everspring PIR Motion Detector with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the tamper switch in the rear casing of the sensor
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Everspring PIR Motion Detector
If the Everspring PIR Motion Detector was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the tamper switch in the rear casing of the sensor
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Everspring PIR Motion Detector.
To remove the Everspring PIR Motion Detector from SmartThings
If the Everspring PIR Motion Detector is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave