The Everspring Flood Sensor detects...you guessed it: water! This Z-Wave sensor can be used to alert you through SmartThings when there is a leak or flood. SmartThings' new Smart Home Monitor solution makes it easier than ever to configure alerts that let you know what's going on at home.
Enjoy peace of mind when you are away from home knowing you will be notified the moment water invades an area where it shouldn't be.
To connect the Everspring Flood Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the sensor’s link key 3 times within 1.5 seconds
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To exclude the Everspring Flood Sensor
If the Everspring Flood Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the sensor’s link key 3 times within 1.5 seconds
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Everspring Flood Sensor.
To factory reset the Everspring Flood Sensor
If excluding the detector does not produce results, factory reset the device:
- Press the sensor’s link key 3 times within 1.5 seconds
- Within 1 second, press and hold the link key until the beep tone stops
To remove the Everspring Flood Sensor from SmartThings
If the Everspring Flood Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.