The Everspring Flood Sensor detects...you guessed it: water! This Z-Wave sensor can be used to alert you through SmartThings when there is a leak or flood. Together with SmartThings Home Monitor, the Everspring Flood Sensor makes it easier than ever to configure alerts that let you know what's going on at home.
Enjoy peace of mind when you are away from home knowing you will be notified the moment water invades an area where it shouldn't be.
To connect the Everspring Flood Sensor in the SmartThings app
Note: The Everspring Flood Sensor is supported in the US.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Everspring and touch Water leak sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the Link button three (3) times
To exclude the Everspring Flood Sensor
If the Everspring Flood Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, press the Link button three (3) times
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Everspring Flood Sensor.
To factory reset the Everspring Flood Sensor
If excluding the detector does not produce results, factory reset the device:
- Press the Link button three (3) times
- Within 1 second, Hold the Link button until the device stops beeping