The FortrezZ Water Valve is a controllable Z-Wave valve that can be used to remotely shut off water in your home.
Combine this device with SmartThings and a compatible moisture sensor to immediately shut off the water when a leak is detected, even when you aren’t home to fix it. It's like having your own personal plumber.
Connect the FortrezZ Water Valve in the SmartThings app
First, power the device. The Status Light will blink (if not on a Z-Wave network) and will enter automatic Network-Wide Inclusion (NWI) mode. NWI will remain active for approximately 30 minutes.
Next, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select FortrezZ and touch Valve
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the Program button once
To reset the FortrezZ Water Valve
If the FortrezZ Water Valve was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, press the valve’s Program Button once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the FortrezZ Water Valve.