The FortrezZ Water Valve is a controllable Z-Wave valve that can be used to remotely shut off water in your home.
Combine this device with SmartThings and a compatible moisture sensor to immediately shut off the water when a leak is detected, even when you aren’t home to fix it. It's like having your own personal plumber.
To connect the FortrezZ Water Valve with the SmartThings Hub
First, power the device. The Status Light will blink (if not on a Z-Wave network) and will enter automatic Network-Wide Inclusion (NWI) mode . NWI will remain active for approximately 30 minutes.
Next, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- Within minutes, the Hub should automatically discover the powered device
- If the device is not automatically found, press the valve’s Program Button once
- The valve’s Status Light will stop flashing when pairing completes
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the FortrezZ Water Valve
If the FortrezZ Water Valve was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the valve’s Program Button once
- The valve’s Status Light will flash periodically (3 or 4 times) when removal completes
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the FortrezZ Water Valve.
To remove the FortrezZ Water Valve from SmartThings
If the FortrezZ Water Valve is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For more information about setting up and configuring the FortrezZ Water Valve Shutoff, consult the manual at the bottom of this article.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.