You can use SmartThings to make just about any part of your home smarter—even your backyard pool—and you'll feel smarter for it!
The Smartenit HA Metering Dual-Load 30A Controller ZBMLC30 (4040B) is a ZigBee load controller that can be used with SmartThings to manage a variety of devices, from a pool pump to an electric heater—indoors or outdoors. Turn on/off large devices from anywhere, or automate them to run when it’s most energy efficient.
SmartThings does not currently support the Smartenit Controller's energy-metering capabilities. Once installed, the device will extend the range of your ZigBee network.
To connect the Smartenit Controller with the SmartThings Hub
Install and power the Smartenit Controller according to its instruction manual. The controller’s Status LED will flash rapidly as it searches for a ZigBee network to join (your SmartThings network).
Next, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, observe the Smartenit Controller’s Status LED
- When the controller successfully connects, the Status LED’s blinking rate will slow to once per second for 4 minutes (indicating open permit join is enabled)
- The LED should turn solid after 4 minutes
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Smartenit Controller
If the controller is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
How to remove the controller via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
How to factory reset the Smartenit Controller:
If the controller has not yet successfully joined your SmartThings network:
- Press and hold the SET button while powering the device, then release
If the controller has already joined your SmartThings network:
- Press and hold the SET button for at least 20 seconds, then release
- The Status LED will go out for 1 second and then flash rapidly
Once reset, the controller is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the controller.
If you've tried these steps and still can't get the Smartenit Controller connected, consult the device’s instruction manual.
- Communication Protocol: ZigBee
- Model No: ZBMLC30 (4040B)