Imagine this: You wake up, start your morning routine, and your bedside lamp automatically turns on, your space heater makes your bathroom comfortably toasty, and your coffee pot brews a cup. By connecting your lights and appliances with SmartThings, this can be your new reality.
The Schlage Appliance Module (RP100RNX) is one of many smart Z-Wave modules that can be used to control and automate pluggable lights and other small appliances. Program the Schlage Appliance Module with SmartThings to automatically trigger all sorts of actions. This module also extends the range of your Z-Wave network.
To connect the Schlage Appliance Module with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, double click the button on the device
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Schlage Appliance Module
If the Schlage Appliance Module was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, double click the button on the device
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Schlage Appliance Module.
To remove the Schlage Appliance Module from SmartThings
If the Schlage Appliance Module is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub