The Aeotec Panic Button is a Z-Wave single-button remote that provides basic control of your SmartThings at the push of a button—absolutely no need to touch your phone!
As its name suggests, the Panic Button is perfect for locking doors or triggering an alarm to scare off intruders, but it's not just for emergency situations.
Say you want to turn off the lamp after reading a book in bed, but you don't want to get up to retrieve your phone and use the SmartThings app. Just keep an Aeotec Button in your nightstand, and you'll be good to go. Even better: If you ever want to use the button to control a different device, you can simply reconfigure it.
To connect the Aeotec Panic Button with the SmartThings Hub
First, install the device's battery.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the Learn button on the device (using the provided button pin or a paper clip)
- The device’s light will pulse and then stay lit for 2 seconds when it joins with the Hub
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Aeotec Panic Button
If the Aeotec Panic Button was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the Learn button on the device (using the provided button pin or a paper clip)
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Aeotec Panic Button.
To remove the Aeotec Panic Button from SmartThings
If the Aeotec Panic Button is connected but not performing as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our products page here.