The Aeotec Micro Switches and Dimmers are Z-Wave appliance modules that can be used to control compatible in-wall lighting installations. When Aeotec says "Micro," they mean it. These small devices fit behind most light switches. Acting as repeaters for your Z-Wave network, these Aeotec devices provide seamless home automation completely behind the scenes.
These Aeotec Micro Switches and Dimmers are powered from your main supply and require a neutral wire for connection.
If you have the Aeotec Smart Energy Switch, follow these instructions.
For more information about compatibility, product details, and technical specifications, visit our products page here.
To connect the Aeotec Micro device in the SmartThings app
1. Install the appliance module
Follow the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
IMPORTANT: A licensed electrician with knowledge and understanding of electrical systems and electrical safety should complete the electrical installation inside the main circuit box (usually located outside of your house).
2. Connect the module with your Z-Wave network
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Aeotec and touch Switch/dimmer
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the "Action" button once
To reset the Aeotec Micro device
If the device was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the "Action" button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the device.