The Everspring Door/Window Sensor is a Z-Wave-based contact sensor that can be used to monitor your doors, windows, and cabinets using SmartThings. Add a controllable light to turn on a lighting fixture when your front door opens, or receive a notification when your medicine cabinet is tampered with—just to name a couple of many applications.
Note: The Everspring Door/Window Sensor is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Everspring Door/Window Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the tamper switch in the rear casing of the sensor three times within 1.5 seconds
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Everspring Door/Window Sensor
If the Everspring Door/Window Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the tamper switch in the rear casing of the sensor three times within 1.5 seconds
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Everspring Door/Window Sensor.
To remove the Everspring Door/Window Sensor from SmartThings
If the Everspring Door/Window Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave
- Model No: SM103