With the Evolve Z-Wave switches, dimmers, and outlets, you can easily use SmartThings to control and automate your lights, electronics, and small appliances. These Evolve devices also work as extenders for your Z-Wave network.
Note: Evolve Z-Wave switches, dimmers, and outlets are not officially supported Works with SmartThings devices. You can connect them to your SmartThings Classic setup, but performance may vary and we will not be able to provide support or assistance.
This article will tell you how to connect the following Evolve devices with SmartThings:
- Evolve LSM-15 Wall-Mounted Switch (pictured above)
- Evolve LOM-15 Wall Outlet
- Evolve LDM-15 Plug-In Dimmer Module
- Evolve LPM-15 Plug-In Appliance Module
- Evolve LRM-AS Wall-Mounted Dimmer
To connect the Evolve device with the SmartThings Hub
Power the device.
Then, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, quickly double tap the button or paddle (either top or bottom) on the device–both taps must occur within approximately 20 milliseconds of each other
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Evolve device
If the Evolve device was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, quickly double tap the button or paddle (either top or bottom) on the device–both taps must occur within approximately 20 milliseconds of each other
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Evolve device.
To remove the Evolve device from SmartThings
If the Evolve device is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub