The FortrezZ Siren Strobe Alarm is a Z-Wave siren that can be triggered to sound an alarm and/or flash a strobe based on events (like a door opening) or detection of motion, smoke, or carbon monoxide—all using the power of SmartThings.
To connect the FortrezZ Siren with the SmartThings Hub
First, power the device.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, the Hub should automatically discover the powered device
- If the device is not automatically found, press the button in the siren’s rear casing twice
- The siren’s status LED will flash when pairing completes
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the FortrezZ Siren
If the FortrezZ Siren was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the button in the siren’s rear casing once
- The siren’s status LED will flash when removal completes
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the FortrezZ Siren.
To remove the FortrezZ Siren from SmartThings
If the FortrezZ Siren is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.