SmartThings makes your home not only smarter, but also greener—especially when paired with energy-conscious devices like the Smartenit HA Metering Single Load Controller ZBMLC15 (4034A). You can easily automate your devices to optimize energy consumption, using them only and exactly when needed.
This Smartenit device can also be used to wirelessly control different hard-wired controllers, like garage door openers, lights, ceiling fans, and other fixtures. The relay is ZigBee based and works as a range extender for other ZigBee devices on your network.
To connect the Smartenit Controller with the SmartThings Hub
Install and power the Smartenit Controller according to its instruction manual.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, wait for the Smartenit Controller’s Status LED to light up solid (this indicates successful connection)
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Smartenit Controller
If the controller is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the controller via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Press and hold the Program Button for 15 seconds
- Wait for the LED to flash rapidly, then release the Program Button
Once reset, the controller is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the controller.
If you've tried these steps and still can't get the Smartenit Controller connected, consult the device’s instruction manual.
- Communication Protocol: ZigBee
- Model No: ZBMLC15 (4034A)