With a controllable thermostat and SmartThings, your home will always be at the ideal temperature for personal comfort.
Note: The RCS TZ45 Thermostat is not an officially supported Works with SmartThings device. You can connect it to your SmartThings Classic setup, but performance may vary and we will not be able to provide support or assistance.
The RCS TZ45 Thermostat is a Z-Wave thermostat that can be combined with SmartThings to wirelessly and efficiently control heating and cooling from anywhere. With the SmartThings mobile app, you can automate setpoints using Routines or turn on the fan before you arrive home from work. Enjoy the perfect temperature when you need it and energy savings when you don't!
To connect the RCS TZ45 Thermostat with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, in the Thermostat’s Main Menu, scroll down to the Z-Wave Install item. Select the item. Press the YES button in the Z-Wave Install screen
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the RCS TZ45 Thermostat
If the RCS TZ45 Thermostat was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When you see the message "Please follow manufacturer's instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings," in the Thermostat’s Main Menu, scroll down to the Z-Wave Install item. Select the item. Press the YES button in the Z-Wave Install screen.
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the RCS TZ45 Thermostat.