What more is there to say about how wonderfully versatile smart dimmers and outlets are? If you're in the market for smart outlets, you probably already know that you can pair them with SmartThings to turn lights on and off, adjust a lamp's brightness, or control other appliances. Remotec offers a couple such smart outlets.
The Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer (ZDS-100) is a pluggable Z-wave module that has an outlet for dimmable lamps and an always-on outlet for standard control. This handy dimmer is for use with incandescent lights only.
To connect the Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the button on the device
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer
If the Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer was not detected, you may need to reset the device through a Z-Wave exclusion before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the button on the device
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer.
To remove the Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer from SmartThings
If the Remotec Technology Plug-In Dimmer is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.