If your Hue bulbs aren't responding to commands or automations from the SmartThings mobile app, there are a few things you can try to get them to cooperate:
Power cycle the SmartThings Hub
- Reboot a Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub v2) by pressing the recessed red button on the back of the Hub once. Wait 5-10 minutes for the LED to turn solid green; this will indicate the Hub is back online.
If you have Hub v1, reboot the Hub by unplugging it from both Ethernet and power, wait a few minutes, and then plug it back in.
- Turn your Hue bulb(s) on/off through the app after power cycling the Hub to see if their behavior remains the same.
Update the Hue Bridge firmware
The Hue Bridge must be updated to firmware version 01016441 or later to work with SmartThings.
- From the native Hue app, tap the "Settings" menu > Find Bridge > Search > Select your Hue Bridge and update the software, if available.
- Alternatively: Close the Hue mobile app, unplug the Bridge for 10 seconds, plug it back in, and then restart the Hue app.
Remove and reconnect the Hue devices
You may have to start over and redo your Hue setup in order to fully integrate your Hue devices with SmartThings.
First, remove your Hue devices through the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the Hue device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
- Repeat for all Hue devices, including the Hue Bridge
Next, reconnect your Hue Bridge and bulb(s) by following these instructions.