The Fibaro Motion Sensor is a multi-function device that can be used to detect motion and vibration, monitor temperature, and report light levels.This Z-Wave sensor, together with SmartThings, is perfect for monitoring and securing your home. It will literally let you keep an eye on things while you're away.
SmartThings supports both the Fibaro Motion Sensor Z-Wave and Z-Wave plus (or Fibaro 500 series) versions.
To connect the Fibaro Motion Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from your Fibaro Motion Sensor
- If the battery tab has already been removed, gently twist the sensor to open it, and then quickly press the button on the inside of the device 3 times
To reset the Fibaro Motion Sensor
If the Fibaro Motion Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do so in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, gently twist the sensor to open it, and then quickly press the button on the inside of the device 3 times
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Fibaro Motion Sensor.
To remove the Fibaro Motion Sensor from SmartThings
If the Fibaro Motion Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.
|Fibaro Motion Sensor Installation Guide.pdf||2 MB|