The Fibaro Motion Sensor is a multi-function device that can be used to detect motion and vibration, monitor temperature, and report light levels. This Z-Wave sensor, together with SmartThings, is perfect for monitoring and securing your home. It will literally let you keep an eye on things while you're away.
SmartThings supports both the Fibaro Motion Sensor Z-Wave and Z-Wave plus (or Fibaro 500 series) versions.
To connect the Fibaro Motion Sensor to the SmartThings app
Note: The Fibaro Motion Sensor is supported in the US, UK, and Chile.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Fibaro and touch Motion sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button three (3) times
To reset the Fibaro Motion Sensor
If the Fibaro Motion Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the button three (3) times
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the device.
|Fibaro Motion Sensor Installation Guide.pdf||2 MB|