The Fibaro Flood Sensor is a Z-Wave moisture sensor that can be used with SmartThings to monitor for leaks and changes in interior temperatures. Paired with the SmartThings Hub and mobile app, the Fibaro Flood Sensor can be used to send push notifications to your phone when water is detected or the temperature swings too hot or cold. It's perfect for under your sink, by your clothes washer, or in your basement.
SmartThings supports both the Fibaro Flood Sensor Z-Wave and Z-Wave plus (or Fibaro 500 series) versions.
To connect the Fibaro Flood Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from the Fibaro Flood Sensor
- If the battery tab has already been removed, twist open the cover on the sensor and quickly press the lever on the sensor's circuit board 3 times. Twist the cover back in place immediately after pressing the lever. Allow the app up to 2 minutes to discover the device
To reset the Fibaro Flood Sensor
If the Fibaro Flood Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, twist open the cover on the sensor and quickly press the lever on the sensor's circuit board 3 times
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Fibaro Flood Sensor.
To remove the Fibaro Flood Sensor from SmartThings
If the Fibaro Flood Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
Note: Follow these steps to configure your Fibaro Flood Sensor if its data isn’t displaying correctly in the app.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.