The Fibaro Flood Sensor is a Z-Wave moisture sensor that can be used with SmartThings to monitor for leaks and changes in interior temperatures. Paired with the SmartThings Hub and mobile app, the Fibaro Flood Sensor can be used to send push notifications to your phone when water is detected or the temperature swings too hot or cold. It's perfect for under your sink, by your clothes washer, or in your basement.
SmartThings supports both the Fibaro Flood Sensor Z-Wave and Z-Wave plus (or Fibaro 500 series) versions.
To connect the Fibaro Flood Sensor in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Fibaro and touch Water leak sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button three (3) times
To reset the Fibaro Flood Sensor
If the Fibaro Flood Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the button three (3) times
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Fibaro Flood Sensor.
|SmartThings Flood Quickv.9.pdf||2 MB|