The WeMo LED Bulb (F7C033) is a ZigBee LED bulb you can dim and control using SmartThings. Unlike other compatible WeMo devices, the WeMo LED bulb can connect directly to your SmartThings Hub without using the native WeMo app.
To connect a Belkin WeMo LED Bulb with the SmartThings Hub
Note: These instructions do NOT apply to the Belkin WeMo Switch Outlet, Belkin WeMo Motion Sensor, or Belkin WeMo In-Wall Switch. The WeMo LED Bulb DOES NOT require the native WeMo app or the WeMo Link in order to connect with SmartThings. Instructions for connecting the other WeMo devices mentioned above can be found here.
To connect the Belkin WeMo LED Bulb
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Belkin and touch Lighting
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, turn the bulb on and off once
To reset the Belkin WeMo LED Bulb
If the Belkin WeMo LED Bulb was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this:
- Start with the bulb on
- Turn off the bulb for 1 second
- Turn on the bulb for 3-4 seconds
- Repeat steps two more times
- Wait until the bulb begins to blink (after about 5 seconds)
When the device indicates that it was successfully reset, follow the instructions above to connect the Belkin WeMo LED Bulb.